Sunday, March 16, 2008

#878 - Cream Cheese Lemon Squares

(by Shirley McNevich)

1 - 8oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
1 box Duncan Hines yellow deluxe cake mix (the kind WITH pudding in the mix)
1/3 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice

In a bowl add cake mix. Beat 1 of the eggs in a cup using a fork--add to cake mix--stir. Add canola oil--stir until it makes crumbs. Remove 1 cup of the crumb mixture--set aside. Grease a 9 x 13 cake pan. Dump the crumb mixture (not the reserved) into the bottom of the cake pan--press down the crumb mixture and even it out. Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. In a mixer add cream cheese, 1 egg, white sugar and lemon juice--beat until smooth. Remove crust from oven and while still warm pour cream cheese mixture over the top of the crust. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture on the top of the cream cheese mixture. Return to oven and bake 8-10 minutes longer. Cool completely, then refrigerate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to make this recipe a lot and everyone always loved it. Somewhere along all of our moves I lost it and just yesterday tried to find it on the internet to no avail. This morning I remembered that it always called for Duncan Hines Yellow cake mix and I thought maybe I'd google that. I am so happy that I found your blog....this is the exact recipe. Thank you!