Wednesday, August 05, 2009

#1389 - Frozen Fruit Salad

(by Shirley McNevich)

1 - 12oz. frozen orange juice (thawed)
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 - 8oz. cans Dole crushed pineapple (do not drain)
3 cups cold water
2 cups white sugar
4 bananas (peeled and cut into coin shapes pieces)
1 - 10oz. jar maraschino cherries (do not drain)

In a large bowl add thawed orange juice, lemon juice, crushed pineapple and its juice, water, white sugar--stir until mixed. Add sliced bananas and maraschino cherries with juice--stir. Freeze until it forms a slush mixture, then stir and serve.

1 comment:

Tina T-P said...

Oh, gosh, I haven't thought about this recipe in ages - I think it was something they served at the Grange suppers when I was growing up :-)

A couple of years ago, you allowed me to print one of your blueberry recipes on my Something Borrowed, something Blueberry blog - would it be OK if I posed a couple more of your blueberry recipes - giving you full credit and linking to your blog, of course.

Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog - Thanks. Tina